● Work with all software development activities ranging from requirements gathering/interpreting, system design, coding and testing.
● Write code that is clean, reusable and testable.
● Use Agile development approaches in development and delivery.
● Communicate ideas, solutions and trade-offs with stakeholders, product owners, and team members. Interact with and communicate effectively across multiple teams.
● Listen to feedback from end-users, application management, and stakeholders and improve software accordingly.
● Coach/mentor clients and peers in software methods, techniques/tools and share your knowledge.
● Be an awesome colleague (team player, helpful, friendly, supporting, responsible/take ownership)
● A passion for software development and writing well-crafted code.
● Excellent knowledge of React and its surrounding eco-system, such as State Management and advanced concepts of React
● Skilled in algorithms and general aspects within Computer Science
● Skilled in weighing different architectural choices and understanding different implications of a choice.
● Excellent knowledge of client Web APIs (HTML5, BOM, DOM etc.)
● Excellent understanding of technologies like Ajax, Web services, REST, HTTP etc. and their roles in the application stack.
● Excellent knowledge about browser rendering inconsistencies.
● Good understanding of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation. Be able to create fault-tolerant software.
● Good understanding of ES6+ and transpilers
● Good understanding of modular design
● Good understanding of Unit and Functional testing
● Good understanding of front-end performance aspects
● Experience using CSS3, CSS frameworks and preprocessors (Bootstrap, SASS, Compass).
● Experience building scripts and automation using tools like NPM, Gulp, Grunt etc
● Experience using version control systems like GIT.
● Interest in or experience of lean/agile development methods/practices, such as unit- and functional testing, continuous integration, code reviews, refactoring, but also pair programming and test driven development.
● Strong communication skills,
● Be curious, stay up to date and keep the team moving forward with current technology and industry news that is fitting for the task at hand.
Good to Have
● Active role in an open source project. (Contribute to open source projects and build things for fun in your own spare time).
● Experience from developing systems with large quantities of data
● Experience from working with GIS, GeoData and Spatial Data
● Polyglot mind, knowledge and/or interest in other languages and platforms.
● Experience working with Node.js.
● Excellent knowledge creating responsive UIs for use across multiple platforms.
● Experience to work closely with UX/UI designers or taking an active part in their work..
● Good understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and build/release infrastructure related to those (TeamCity, Jenkins, GitLab etc.)
● Previous experience working as a consultant.
● Active in the community, speaker or attendee.
● Pet projects
● 5+ years experience of working with developing web applications
● Degree in Computer Science or similar